Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 4 of Suzanne Marion's Virtual Book Tour with the National Writing for Children Center

Welcome to Suzanne Marion as she continues to travel through cyberspace on her Virtual Book Tour by the National Writing for Children Center.
Suzanne Davis Marion grew up in Tucson, Arizona, and graduated from the University of Arizona and from the University of Houston Moores School of Music.  She is a mezzo-soprano, pianist, composer, and teacher.  Several years ago she developed a small business creating personalized lullabies and play songs for children (www.lullabiesbysuzanne.com).  She and her husband Stuart live in Houston, Texas with their two large dogs, Laura and Diana.
Suzanne is here today to share writing for children advice.
Welcome Suzanne.
My best advice for those interested in writing for children is to read to children, tell stories to children, ask them to share stories with you, and in general find out what it is they enjoy and would like to hear.  It has also been of help to me to remember what it was I liked to read about when I was a child, and what kind of stories I enjoyed having told to me or read to me.  It is always helpful to try things out on actual children to see their reactions.  They will provide an honest and spontaneous audience.
Thank you for your sound advice.
Follow all 7 authors on their 6-day Virtual Book Tours and leave comments and you could win the Giftbox Giveaway from the National Writing for Children Center.
Be sure to leave Suzanne a comment and/or question for she will be checking in throughout the day.
Follow Suzanne on her next stop hosted by Suzanne Lieurance on Oct 11 at http://suzannelieurance.com/.


3 comments:

  1. Suzanne,

    Thanks for visiting today and sharing your writing advice.

    Best wishes,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, thank you so much for hosting me on your blog. My best wishes to you,and continued good luck with your writing --
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my historical fiction children's book, The Golden Pathway.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.