Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010 Goals


Here we are six days into 2010 already. The kids are back at school and the normal "routine" is back in full swing.

 
I've never worked off a weekly marketing plan to keep myself focused before, even though I've done a daily check-in with a writing buddy to keep me focused on my tasks (thanks to Kristi Holl). Coupled with the weekly marketing plan suggested by Suzanne Lieurance at the CWCC I began the new year in full swing with breaking down each day with specific categories. And I have to tell you it felt great to sit down yesterday to re-visit my previous goals in 2009 and to get rid of what wasn’t working and to expand on what has been working. It truly provided me a game plan to hit the ground running or should I say the good old pen, paper, and keyboard.

 
My main goals for 2010:

 
  • Network: visiting and commenting on blogs, conducting interviews for my monthly newsletter, and book reviews
  • Develop my marketing plan for The Golden Pathway to be published by Guardian Angel Publishing
  • Complete the monthy assignments with the CWCC
  • Attend the weekly teleclasses at the CWCC
  • Finish the edits on my historical fiction manuscript
  • Finish the rewrites and edits on my picture book
  • Keep my blog fresh and exciting

I'm also learning not to put too much on my plate so I don't become overwhelmed and not accomplish a thing because my list becomes too daunting.
 
What are your writing and marketing plans for 2010? I look forward to hearing from you.

 
Best wishes for a healthy and prosperous new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my historical fiction children's book, The Golden Pathway.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.